RCAW’s Mini-Grant Program funds are from a grant from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services – Division of Medicaid Services. Each year, RCAW plans to assist a limited number of communities, regions, or consortium with on-site specific local activities/events that further RCAW’s Statewide Lifespan Goals.
Through the RCAW Mini-Grant Program, RCAW intends to provide outreach, education, and training assistance to successful applicants through a one-day on-site outreach, recruitment, training, and an educational event.
Questions? Contact Project Manager Rachel Watkins-Petersen
- A County or local government agency,
- A tribe or band,
- A community-based private, non-profit entity, or
- A community-based private for-profit entity.
Both the successful applicant and RCAW will have a set of responsibilities. They will work together to conduct the activities/events identified and agreed to in the mini-grant application that will address RCAW’s Statewide Lifespan Goals to:
- expand the pool of trained Respite Care Workers,
- educate local Family Caregivers,
- bring together local agencies that support family caregivers,
- help connect respite care workers with family caregivers and respite care providers.
- Respite Care Worker Recruitment, Training & Retention
- Family Caregiver Outreach/Education
- In-home Respite Care Business Start-Up Information Session
- Other activities as approved by RCAW that support our mission