Mini-grants are designed to assist communities, regions, or consortiums with local outreach, education, and training assistance through one-day, on-site recruitment, outreach, training, and educational events.
This grant is for your community or organization if you are:
- A county or local government agency,
- A tribe or band,
- A community-based private, non-profit entity, or
- A community-based private for-profit entity.
Mini-grants are meant to support events and activities that:
- Expand the pool of trained respite care workers,
- Educate local family caregivers,
- Bring together local agencies that support family caregivers, and
- Help connect care workers with family caregivers and respite care providers.
More information about the types of activities that could be supported with the Mini-grant, take a look at the Mini-grant Overview and Application.
EXAMPLES OF MINI-GRANT EVENTS
- A respite care worker recruitment, training & retention event or job fair,
- A family caregiver outreach or education event,
- An in-home respite care business start-up information session, or
- Other activities as approved by RCAW that support our mission.
SUPPORT BEYOND THE MINI-GRANT
The Mini-grant is a collaborative effort. While there are a set of responsibilities for both the grant recipient and RCAW, the RCAW staff is here to help you in a number of ways. Please read the Mini-grant Overview and Application to learn more about how we can support you in your local outreach or educational activity.