Respite Care Association of Wisconsin (RCAW) is looking to fund direct respite care hours to underserved populations.
The Respite Care Provider Grants will be available twice a year to increase direct respite care services to existing and start-up programs that provide services to underserved populations. Priority is given to programs serving rural communities, Native American Tribes, Hispanic/Latino, African American, or Hmong families, Relatives as caregivers (i.e. Grandfamilies), and children and families in crisis (high risk for abuse and neglect). Other populations will be considered as well. A program is eligible to apply for this grant if they will be providing direct respite care in the next three months.
RCAW will be offering these grant funds over the next few years because of a grant received through the Federal Lifespan Respite Grant program and a partnership with WI Department of Health Services. Request for proposals will be released a couple times each year.
Organizations that have not received previous grant funds from RCAW will be given priority.
CRITERIA FOR FALL 2021
Respite Care Provider Grants
- The program must provide respite care in Wisconsin
- Grant requests should be $4,000 or less
- Direct respite care hours will be provided during the Winter of 2021
- Grant funds should be used for direct respite services. Examples include:
- Covering the program fees for individuals in the identified populations
- Creating new respite programs that target an underserved population
- Expanding existing programs to underserved populations
- Staff costs, program supplies, activities, rental space, etc. that relate to providing respite to underserved populations.
September 1st, 2021
Grant Application Released
October 18th, 2021
Grant applications are due by midnight, CST.
November 1st, 2021
Grant Awards will be announced, checks will be mailed.
March 31st, 2022
One-time Progress Report Due (1-page reporting on impact, participants served,
and hours of provided respite care)
Please respond to the following questions in a document no longer than 4 pages (includes the cover page). Please email your application to RCAW’s Program Support Specialist, Leslie Thede, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use Respite Care Provider Grants as the subject line.
- Agency Name/ Program Name
- Agency Mailing Address
- Contact Name, Email, Phone Number
- Amount Requested
- Identify if this is a start-up program or an existing program • Client Age: Children, Adult, Elderly, ALL
- Client Population and Disabilities Served
- Priority is given to programs serving rural communities, Native American Tribes, Hispanic/Latino, African American, or Hmong families, and children at risk for abuse and neglect. Other populations will be considered as well.
- Summary of Request (one paragraph summary of request, no more than 250 words)
Answer the Following Questions:
- Describe the respite program that will use these funds.
- Describe how these funds will be used to increase respite care services to your identified underserved population.
- Write 1-3 measurable outcomes related to respite for underserved populations (serving caregivers, direct service hours, number of participants, etc.).
- If this is a start-up program, please describe your sustainability plan for the new program.
- How many people do you estimate will be touched by these grant funds? 6. How many hours of direct respite service do you plan on providing because of these funds?
Include a budget of how grant funds will be spent.
If you have any questions about the Respite Care Provider Grant, your eligibility, or other resources, please contact RCAW Project Manager, Rachel Watkins-Petersen.