Effective May 05, 2023: Eligible applicants can reapply for the CRGP every 90 days.
Family caregivers perform various complex services, including bathing, dressing, medication management, coordinating care, financial assistance, and critical medical services. They often are employed, and their other responsibilities include cooking, cleaning, laundry, lawn care, snow removal, transportation, and ensuring their home is accessible and safe for their loved ones. Our Supplemental Respite Grant Program (SRGP) can support family caregivers by providing $250 for supplemental respite services.
Imagine being able to:
- Take a special day to rest, fresh, and recharge while someone else helps you with housekeeping duties, laundry, and meal prep,
- Use SRGP grant funds to pay for home safety interventions and technology to decrease isolation and increase social engagement,
- Take respite, knowing someone else is assisting with lawn care or snow removal.
Getting a break from these duties isn’t a luxury; it is necessary for caregivers’ mental health. Affording to pay someone to provide supplemental services should not be a barrier to receiving the break family caregivers deserve.
Supplemental RESPITE GRANT ELIGIBILITY OVERVIEW
To be eligible for the grant, applicants (the primary family caregiver) must have the applicable ADRC, Tribal ADRS, county case manager, etc., complete the Supporting Documentation Form showing the care recipient:
- Has applied for a Long-term Care Waiver or other programs and not expecting to receive services or approval within thirty (30) days of the application
- Has been denied Long-Term Care Waiver support(s) or other programs that provide respite services
- Has been approved for Long- Term Care Waiver support(s) or other programs that provide respite services and has exhausted funds from said programs
- Has applied and is receiving other supports, and the applicant needs flexibility for services not covered by current funding supports.
- Has not applied for a Long-Term Care Waiver support(s) because they are ineligible for other supports
LONG-TERM CARE WAIVER AND OTHER SUPPORTS
Check your eligibility with these programs before applying for the CRGP.
- Children’s Long-Term Care Support (CLTS)
- Children’s Community Options Program (CCOP)
- Family Care (Adults 18 and older)
- Include Respect I Self-direct (IRIS)
- National Family Caregiver Support Program (NFCSP)
- Alzheimer’s Family Caregiver Support Program (AFCSP)
- Kinship Care
- Foster Care Support Services
For primary caregivers of children, use this Wisconsin County Contact List to locate and contact your county representative for the CLTS Waiver Program or CCOP services.
For primary caregivers of adults or older adults, use this Wisconsin Aging & Disability Resource Center List to locate and contract your ADRC for the above LTC programs.
Appeals: RCAW’s board of directors will review SRGP applicants’ disputes if they have been denied a grant application and provide resolution requirements for RCAW. Anyone who wishes to file an appeal must use the Grant Denial Appeal Form.
Grant Program Fraud Statement RCAW funds the majority of its programs with state and federal funds. RCAW is responsible for ensuring funds are used for their intended purpose and in a manner to conduct the goals and objectives identified in the grant. RCAW reserves the right to deny a grant application if it suspects or detects fraudulent information contained on a grant application RCAW also reserves the right to report suspected fraud to the appropriate officials, and applicants will be banned from applying for grants in the future. They may be subject to repayment of said grant funds to RCAW. All parties involved in grant fraud can potentially be charged with government grant fraud. Using state and federal grant dollars for unjust enrichment, personal gain, or other than their intended use is a form of theft, subject to criminal prosecution. Read the Grant Program Detailed Fraud Disclaimer.
use the links below to apply:
This explains all of the eligibility requirements, application procedures, and additional resources to help you apply.
Once RCAW has notified the applicant (via email) that the ECF & SDF has been received, they will receive a link to the CRGP application.