Respite Care Association of Wisconsin (RCAW) is looking to fund direct respite care hours to underserved populations.
The Respite Care Provider Grants will be available twice a year to increase direct respite care services to existing and start-up programs that provide services to underserved populations. Priority is given to programs serving rural communities, Native American Tribes, Hispanic/Latino, African American, or Hmong families, Relatives as caregivers (i.e. Grandfamilies), and children and families in crisis (high risk for abuse and neglect). Other populations will be considered as well. A program is eligible to apply for this grant if they will be providing direct respite care in the next three months.
RCAW will be offering these grant funds over the next few years because of a grant received through the Federal Lifespan Respite Grant program and a partnership with the WI Department of Health Services. Request for proposals will be released a couple of times each year.
Respite Care Provider Grants
- The program must provide respite care in Wisconsin
- Grant requests should be $4,000 or less
- Grant funds should be used for direct respite services. Examples include:
- Covering the program fees for individuals in the identified populations
- Creating new respite programs that target an underserved population
- Expanding existing programs to underserved populations
- Staff costs, program supplies, activities, rental space, etc. that relate to providing respite to underserved populations
Applications will be accepted in March
Applications will be due in early May
Grant Awards will be announced in mid-May
Progress Reports will be due in late August
Applications will be accepted in September
Applications will be due in early October
Grants Awards will be announced in late October
Progress Reports will be due end of February