The Respite Care Association of Wisconsin (RCAW) is looking to fund direct respite care hours for underserved populations.
The Respite Care Provider Grants will be available twice a year to increase direct respite care services to existing or start-up programs that provide services to underserved populations. Priority is given to programs serving rural communities, Native American Tribes, Hispanic/Latino, African American, or Hmong families, Relatives as caregivers (i.e., Grandfamilies), and children and families in crisis (high risk for abuse and neglect). Other populations will be considered as well. A program is eligible to apply for this grant if it will be providing direct respite care in the next three months.
RCAW will be offering these grant funds over the next few years because of a grant received through the Federal Lifespan Respite Grant program and a partnership with the WI Department of Health Services. Request for proposals will be released a couple of times each year.
Important Dates Fall 2022:
Applications are due October 14, 2022, by midnight CST
Grant Awards will be announced on November 01, 2022
Progress Reports will be due at the end of February 28, 2023
Criteria For Respite Care Provider Grants
- The program must provide respite care in Wisconsin
- Grant requests should be $4,000 or less
- Grant funds should be used for direct respite services. Examples include:
- Covering the program fees for individuals in the identified populations
- Creating new respite programs that target an underserved population
- Expanding existing programs to underserved populations
- Staff costs, program supplies, activities, rental space, etc. that relate to providing respite to underserved populations