Respite Care Certificate Program (RCCP)
The RCAW Respite Care Certificate Program (RCCP) is designed for people who are interested in providing respite care to individuals with varying disabilities and ages across the lifespan. Learners are able to work at their own pace to complete the nine required online courses. A minimum score of 75% for the final test for each course is required to receive a certificate of completion. There is no cost for the courses in this program.
Upon completion of the RCAW Respite Care Certificate Program, learners will be offered the opportunity to be added to the Wisconsin Respite Care Registry, available to primary caregivers to search for Respite Care Providers in their community.
These courses are geared for respite providers, but individual courses could be taken by primary caregivers to learn more about the individual topics. Each course can be taken separately and a certificate of completion will be given for successful completion.
The nine RCCP Courses
- What is Respite?
- Disability Basics for Respite Providers
- Client Care for Respite Providers
- Medication Administration for Respite Providers
- Abuse & Neglect for Respite Providers
- Caring for Challenging Moments
- Free Time Activities for Respite Providers
- Meeting the Client & Caregiver
- WI Respite Care Registry Information