Swift and Wholesome Breakfast Option for Caregivers
Posted in Caregiver Tips, General
While grocery shopping it can be so easy to grab premade/prepackaged meals, especially for breakfast. We think we are saving time and energy that we simply do not have to give. What if I told you that it does not have to be so time and energy consuming? What if we could spend just as much time creating meals that are just as fast but a whole lot more nutritious? The wholesome breakfast option below is intended to allow you just as much time to spend with your love as you were while offering premade cereals or oatmeal.
Quick Breakfast Option
Muesli is a wonderful breakfast choice as it can be adaptable while providing our bodies with the nutrients that premade oatmeal or cereals are lacking. The word Muesli presently refers to rolled oats, nuts, seeds, fruits combined without all the extra sugar. Muesli can be consumed hot or cold, it can be chilled overnight to create a softened version, it can be eaten anyway you like. Below is a recipe to make the muesli, feel free to mix it up and eat it in various forms to keep your breakfast routine interesting.
Swift and Wholesome Muesli
- 3½ C Rolled Oats
- ¼ C Sliced Almonds
- ¼ C Raw Cashews
- ¼ C Raw Pecans-Chopped
- ¼ C Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- ¼ C Dried Cherries
- ¼ C Raisins
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and store in an airtight container for up to one month.
- To eat hot: Combine and simmer equal parts muesli and liquid (water or your choice of milk) in a pot on medium to high heat for about 3-5 minutes. Stir in additional toppings such as fresh fruit (strawberries are a favorite), nut butter, milk, etc.
- To eat cold: Eat as is or pour liquid of choice over muesli and enjoy.
- To make overnight oats: Combine equal parts (2/3 C of each for one serving) muesli and milk of choice (dairy or nondairy) in a small container with a tight-fitting lid. Add berries, frozen or fresh, to top off. Seal the container and leave overnight. Enjoy chilled in the morning.