KIT (Knowledge, Ideas, and Tools) for Respite Providers
Our KIT for Respite Providers offers online courses, information sheets, discussion boards, and files to provide you information on being a respite provider. KIT information will continue to be updated.
Tools & Worksheets
- Thinking about my Skills
- Questions to Ask a Caregiver During an Interview
- Budget Worksheet – Becoming an Independent Provider Worksheet
Links & Resources
- Steps to becoming a CLTS Sole Proprietor
- ARCH National Respite Network & Resource Center: Products & Publications
- Wisconsin Assisted Living Association (WALA)
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS): Finding An Aging & Disability Resources Center
- Wisconsin Department of Justice – Wisconsin Online Record Check System (WORCS)
- State of Wisconsin – Department of Workforce Development: Wage Comparison
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS): Home and Community-Based Services Waivers
- Wisconsin Department of Health Service (DHS): Children’s Long-Term Support (CLTS) Waiver Program
RCAW knows how important it is to continue to learn and build your skills in caring for people with disabilities. We also know how expensive conferences, workshops, and continuing education opportunities can be. RCAW is excited to offer funds for people who are active on our registry to access a variety of continuing education experiences. Individuals can request more than one continuing education opportunity, but there are limited funds, so RCAW will try to meet as many of these requests as possible.
RCAW can offer these educational opportunities for current providers on the RCAW Wisconsin Respite Registry because of funding through the Federal Lifespan Respite Program Grant ACL #90LRLI0032-01-00.
To receive Continuing Education Funds, you must be listed on our Wisconsin Respite Registry for at least 60 days and have completed the Respite Care Certificate Program. These opportunities will be offered through August 2023.